Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Oh, Bloody Hail















It hailed today. It was a very strange day for weather. It was mostly dark and rainy all day. When I got home, it was warm and the sun was peeking through some clouds. Not twenty minutes later, the hailstorm moved in abruptly, dumped frozen balls of water for three minutes, and was gone. Now, blue skies cover most of the view.

I've never stood in a hailstorm before. Well, before today. In the interest of science, I stepped into the yard and took the brunt of the storm on my head. My suggestion: don't do that. Instead, follow the instructions of pamphlets everywhere and seek shelter immediately.

2 comments:

Sunflower said...

Silly raccoon. :)

Unknown said...

Did you really stand outside in a hail storm? Were you at least under a tree, umbrella, a good thick hat anything? If not than thank you. I now feel so much smarter!